Community is our #1 priority so we work in partnership with community members in every stage of our research. Our Community Co-Investigators actively engage in the research, provide oversight and direction, make decisions, attend team meetings, and have a seat at the head of the table.
The Flint Center for Health Equity Solutions (FCHES) consists of 4 Cores and 3 Projects. Our Administrative Core is focused on ensuring quality operations, provides timely accurate reports, and coordinates the efforts between all of our teams.
Our 4 Cores
- Our Administrative Core is focused on ensuring quality operations, provides timely accurate reports, and coordinates the efforts between all of our teams.
- The Partnership Consortium Core engages our community members and organizations.
- The Dissemination and Implementation Sciences Core promotes our work and connects the community with our findings.
- The Methodology Core oversees research, protects participants, and analyzes data.
- The Church Challenge will support healthy living environments and improve the health of the Flint community, with a focus on effective blood pressure management.
- Strengthening Flint Families is a community-based behavioral health intervention designed to reduce behavioral health disparities and improve family resilience in the Flint Community.
- Our Flint Area Study team is developing a resource of comprehensive public health data in Flint.